Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Weekend is OVER

     I can not lie I am actually very happy the weekend is over.  I never have a problem with going over board eating or anything it is just very difficult to balance working a 20-30hour a week job plus training my clients as well as getting my own training in on the weekends. 
     I tried to hit the gym at 6am Saturday morning before my "cheat".  I get to the gym at 5:45am and I am pumped, I NEVER DRAG MY ASS OUT OF BED, but I did it.  So I am waiting for the clock to strike 6 and the see the lights go on and someone unlock the door, when I see one of the employees walking towards my car.  I roll my window down and she says "we are having a tough time with the locks, they were changed last night and our new keys are not working"  WAIT WHAT!!!!!  She lets me know that they have called the locksmith and he is on his way but they are not sure when is going to show up, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!  I start to feel really irritated that I woke up almost 3 hours early to go and now I can't!  It is now 6:15, and I can not wait anymore so I turn my car back on and start to head out to my secondary gym Worlds Gym even though I am not a fan I know I will not have much of a chance to do anything else that day so it is what it is.  I only had enough time to fit my cardio session which ended up being about 15min shorts but again I can not complain since I did not think I was going to end up even working out. 
     Its 8am and I head to work for my 6 hour shift which seems to fly by but was filled with irritations, but I just let it slide right off me.  I leave there and head to the studio to wait for my clients to get there as well as a few people stopping in for initial weigh ins for our weight loss challenge, when the light bulb goes off "I can workout here, its only shoulder day!"  I start to hit the weights and get a pretty good burn going, hit 12 sets for shoulders and my client Matt gets there.
     I know I can push Matt hard so we setup a full body day with some cardio mixed in:
  • 10 24in box jumps
  • 3-2-1s Walking push ups (video will show soon)
  • Kettle bell Swings
  • 1 MINUTE BREAK
  • Box falloffs
  • Box walks (video will be up soon)
  • 15 crunches
  • 1 MINUTE BREAK
  • Side to side slides with squats (30 seconds)
  • Up Downs (30 seconds)
  • Zig Zag slides with sprints (30 seconds)
     I do the first 2 sets with Matt since I wanted to get a good workout in, and I do not have to remind Matt of form anymore which is one of his best attributes as a client that he listened all the way through and learned the movements and does them properly each session.  The third set I decide that my upper body is fried but I do the box jumps, kettle bell swings, box jumps again, crunches and the cardio and we head out of the studio.  I pick up my cheat meal and enjoy some real food for a change.  I am glad that I have learned to just enjoy that day and then move on for the week to keep my cheats small but enjoyable, and their is no break downs during the week!

Tomorrow starts a new week, so get yourself motivated and get back on track if you fell off this weekend, hit the weights hard and have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment