Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Not Good

     A little disappointed I did not get a good workout in yesterday!  I hit the gym early in the day to get my cardio in with the intention of going to my "home gym" (Best Fitness) in the evening to get a good workout in.  As I pull up I see the parking lot fuller then ever, I begin to search for a spot and end up parking on the opposite side of the plaza.  This is not an uncommon occurrence since there is a bar/restaurant right next door.  I walk into the gym and there are people EVERYWHERE!  You would have thought they were giving away millions of $ just for showing up that day, or as I asked someone I knew there "are they trying to break a Guiness World Record for most people in one gym, in one day?"  I was not feeling that great as it is when I walked in so I hit the treadmill to do a warmup and hopefully it will slowly die out, unfortunately this never happens.  I finish up about 35 more minutes of cardio and decide I need to just leave.  I feel really disappointed to not workout.
     Here is where I tell you that making that decision was the best decision at that point in time.  When your sick, not feeling well etc. your CNS (central nervous system) is under a lot of strain.  What most people do not realize is that when you work out you are putting even more strain on your CNS, which in turn can lead to A.  a lengthier recovery time from your illness.  and/or B.  more issues. not to mention its not good to bring any illness into such a public setting.  Sometimes your just better off shutting your body down for a day or two and come back when your strong enough.  It will lead to a better workout when you get back! 
     I am still not feeling to great today so I am going to just shut myself down for the day, use this day as an off day and hopefully get back into it tomorrow!

For those of you still working out today, have an amazing workout!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment